Please find the menu printed below.
Parents are asked to send the week’s dinner money on the first day of the week. The cost of a school dinner from September 2018 will be £2.20 per day, £11 per week per child. Nursery children staying for a school lunch are charged £1.70 per meal.
Children not having a school dinner may bring a healthy packed lunch and a drink in a flask or plastic bottle, please do not send sweets or sugary snacks. No Glass Bottles Allowed.
Free School Meals
Qualifying for free school meals
To qualify for free school meals you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC); or
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Please note that contributions-based benefits, including contribution-related Jobseekers' Allowance do not entitle you to claim free school meals.
Apply for free school meals
If you meet the criteria, apply by using the application form (docx / 147 KB).
Applications are usually processed within five working days. You will be notified in writing, either by post or email, if your child is entitled and we will also let the school know. You should continue to pay until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange reimbursement of payment made while your entitlement is being confirmed.
Free school meals claims cannot be backdated. They are awarded from the date we receive the application, once eligibility is confirmed. This is because there is a legal requirement for a request to be made, before a free school meal can be provided.
If you are not entitled to free school meals, you will be notified in writing.
Universal free school meals for infants
If your child is in reception, year one or year two they are automatically entitled to a free school meal. Parents who are on benefits and meet the above criteria are still encouraged to apply for additional funding (pdf / 337 KB), known as pupil premium funding. This benefits the school and helps increase your child's attainment. During the current roll out of Universal Credit if your child is approved for free school meals they will gain 'transitional protection' until at least March 2022.
Summer Menu 2020