Local Governance arrangements for the St Cuthbert’s Roman Catholic Academy Trust are currently being reviewed in line with the adoption of new Articles of Association at the end of Spring Term 2023.
Our Governing Body
Our Governors work hard with the Head Teachers to ensure that a good quality of education is provided. Together with the Head Teachers, the Governors help to set the school's aims and policies. The key roles are;
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
- Determining how the school's budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies
Our Full Governing Body meet each term.